The opportunity is to work for a global leader in the cloud software industry, they are worth over €300 million and have 2,000 employees operating in over 22 countries. Their headquarters for technology is based in New York but the company has now decided to invest funds to grow their IT unit in Germany to merge team US with Europe.
The company has become a success from providing clients with their own enterprise cloud OS software which has helped assist the biggest household’s names on the market rapidly deliver high performing IT.
For this role, a large percentage of this will be implementing and building large-scale distributed systems and my client is specifically looking for someone that comes from a programming background in either Python, Java or Golang working with microservices based architecture and possesses experience with developing platform services and cloud infrastructure with AWS or Azure. The databases being used will vary from SQL, NoSQL and DynamoDB and some elements of Kafka and spark will be used.
- Enhancing cutting edge Computing Platform services
- Designing and implementing platform deployment
- Creating and simplifying end-user experience from configuration components
- Design and implement various management/control plane capabilities based on microservices architecture.
- Create and implement APIs to expose various platform capabilities to UI, Automated Tests, command line tools
- Design and implement various methods to setup
- Experience developing platform services on public cloud infrastructures like AWS Cloud, Google Cloud or Azure Cloud
- Proficient in modern languages such as Java, Python, and GOLANG
- Experience developing scalable applications on public cloud infrastructure like AWS, Google or Azure
- Experience developing containerized applications or services, on Docker ecosystem or Kubernetes ecosystem
- Excellent understanding of software architecture and microservices based architecture
- In-depth understanding of coding optimization for performance and scalability
- Be an excellent team player, communicate and collaborate well in a team environment
- Exposure to data persistence and processing software - Kafka, Spark, SQL, NoSQL stores like ElasticSearch, DynamoDB
Qualifications and Experience:
- Over 5 years of experience building large scale distributed systems
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.