About the company:
My client are a leading E commerce organisation in Europe, where they service more than 1,000,000 customers in more than 10 countries & have grown nearly €300M in annual revenue. The secret to their success is the team of 1,000 creative members who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
About The Job:
As a manager you'll be responsible for building and leading a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development. You’ll lead several small teams of 5-7, total team size of 60, that drive quality by scaling one of the newest distributed systems.
You capture requirements, lead technical projects, define the ambitious but balanced scope of those projects and partner across teams to address technical problems and ensure smooth solution implementation.
We Value Managers Who Have:
- Worked well in multi-functional teams.
- Knowledge of people management topics focused on developing and growing people.
- Passion and hands-on experience in architecting, building and scaling cloud-based systems, serving millions of users.
- Strong software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Hands on experience with PHP, AWS, Kubernetes
- Good knowledge of Nodejs, Express and React
Responsibilities You Will Get When Working With Us:
- Act as Director of Engineering
- Lead several managers & software leads, contribute technically to projects and overall be responsible for the planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Lead by example, care for the teams, and establish credibility with the quality of your own and your team’s technical execution.
- Encourage team to innovate, invent, implement and deploy complex software solutions.
- Ensure that the team is delivering with repeatable quality and predictability.
- Work closely with the product management team to ensure we’re building the best products.
- Scheduling estimation, planning and daily meetings to track progress, problems, plans
What We'll Give You:
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- International career and travel opportunities
- Work with an international team of top engineers learning from one another
- Any equipment you might need and a company mobile phone
- A budget for education, trainings and conferences
- Phenomenal office location in central Munich
- Lunch, drinks, snacks and much more
Inspired and interested in the job? Be encouraged to apply!