As an engineering manager, you’ll lead small teams of 5-7 that drive quality by scaling one of the newest distributed systems.
You capture requirements, lead technical projects, define the ambitious but balanced scope of those projects and partner across teams to address technical problems and ensure smooth solution implementation.
In the teams, managers have not only the strong expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You'll organise and lead the team’s projects and personal goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop the team.
We value Engineering Managers who have:
- Worked well in multi-functional teams.
- Knowledge of people management topics focused on developing and growing people.
- Passion and hands-on experience in architecting, building and scaling cloud-based systems, serving millions of users.
- Strong software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Hands on experience with PHP
- Lead a team of software engineers, contribute technically to projects and overall be responsible for the planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Lead by example, care for your team, and establish credibility with the quality of your own and your team’s technical execution.
- Encourage team to innovate, invent, implement and deploy complex software solutions.
- Ensure that the team is delivering with repeatable quality and predictability.
- Work closely with the product management team to ensure we’re building the best products.
What we'll give you:
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- International career and travel opportunities
- Work with an international team of top engineers learning from one another
- Any equipment you might need and a company mobile phone
- A budget for education, trainings and conferences
- Phenomenal office location in central Munich
- Lunch, drinks, snacks and much more
Inspired and interested in the job? Be encouraged to apply!